ENGAGE is a project implemented by MEUSAC and part-financed by the European Social Fund. It is meant to increase stakeholder engagement and the quality of social dialogue in Malta.
The objectives of the project are to:
- identify the most effective engagement methodologies in order to provide a service which meets the needs of stakeholders;
- invest in Government’s services by providing the necessary skills to the MEUSAC team on how stakeholder capacity may be enhanced;
- enhance the capacity of stakeholders through training and increased awareness on the processes, tools and opportunities for increased stakeholder participation.
As part of this project, during the first two weeks of December 2019, MEUSAC offered a training package to interested members of NGOs, Trade Unions and Employers’ Associations that operate within the sectors of employment, social policy, education and training, to enhance their skills in the following areas:
- stakeholder engagement and participation in decision-making processes;
- more effective use of communication tools;
- access to EU funding opportunities.
The 6-hour training sessions were provided by experts in the respective fields and consisted of theoretical and practical sessions focusing on:
- Increase participation in social and civil dialogue;
- More effective use of communication tools;
- Accessing EU funding opportunities for stakeholders to put in practice EU priorities.
Two training sessions were organised in Malta on 3 and 16 December, while another session was held on 10 December in Gozo.