The EEA Grants and Norway Grants represent the contribution of Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway to reducing economic and social disparities and to strengthening bilateral relations with 15 EU countries in Central and Southern Europe and the Baltics.
It’s objectives are two – to reduce economic and social disparities in Europe, and to strengthen bilateral relations with beneficiary countries. This improves the functioning of the internal market, (which Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway are member of since the signing of the EEA Agreement), and contributes to building a stronger Europe.
Norway Grants 2014-2021 supports programmes under five priority sectors:
- Innovation, research, education and competitiveness
- Social inclusion, youth employment and poverty reduction
- Environment, energy, climate change, and low carbon economy
- Culture, civil society, good governance, and fundamental rights and freedoms
- Justice and home affairs.