Customs 2020 is an EU cooperation programme providing national customs administrations with the possibility to create and exchange information and expertise. It allows developing and operating major trans-European IT systems in partnership and establishing various human networks by bringing together national officials from across Europe.
The main aim of Customs 2020 is the support to the functioning and modernisation of the Customs Union, including:
• Customs IT systems funding;
• The fight against fraud and the protection of intellectual property rights;
• Safety and security, protecting citizens and the environment;
• Improved administrative capacity; and
• Strengthened European business competitiveness.
The eligible actions under Customs 2020 are joint actions, IT capacity building and human competency building.
For more information click here.